We’re looking for a Managing Accountant to oversee our finance function in the UK and US. You’ll be managing an accounts assistant in the UK and working with UK and US accountancies to ensure the smooth running of our operations through a period of growth. This is a senior role reporting to our CEO with excellent opportunities.
- Evaluate our financial performance and identify opportunities for business improvement
- Assist senior stakeholders with the formulation of business strategic and operational plans
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process
- Directly managing our UK finance function and working with US accountants
- Management of an Accounts Assistant and supporting in their absence
- Complete monthly balance sheet and general ledger reconciliations
- Preparation of month-end and year-end up to trial balance stage
- Complete accurate financial reporting and cashflow analysis
- Oversee payroll and pensions
- Assist with the preparation of all tax compliance, including VAT and Corp Tax
- Work with the CEO to ensure appropriate internal financial controls are in place
- Make sure accounts are accurate and all processes are robust and best practice
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience ideally with a SaaS/Technology provider
- Knowledge of UK, EU and US regulatory framework
- Strong IT skills including advanced Excel (Vlookups, Pivot Tables & Formulas)
- Experience in using a range of accounting packages (Sage and ideally Xero)
- Excellent financial and business analytical skills
- Broad experience of Financial and Management Accounting, transaction processing and preparation of company annual, tax and VAT returns
- Ability to see beyond finance and understand the commercial/strategic implications of decisions
- Experience of working within a commercial and fast paced environment
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Comfortable working cross-functionally, thinking laterally and managing multiple priorities
- High level of management, organisational and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail are essential
Sounds like you? Apply now or send your CV email@example.com. Applicants must be free and able to work in the United Kingdom without the need for sponsorship. No agencies please.
StoneShot is a digital marketing agency specialising in financial services. We provide technology, insight and agency services with a focus on email marketing, marketing automation, content distribution and event promotion.
We’re known in the industry for our flexibility, custom solutions and fast turn-around.
We setup in 2001 and we work with over 65 clients in 25 countries. Our clients are retail and institutional firms and private banks like Barings, Fidelity, HSBC, Invesco and UBS.
We have offices in London, New York, Paris and Milan.